Capturing Motion & Specialized Movement












The Blue Ribbon Eel (Rhinomuraena quaesita). (2016, April 08). Retrieved August 10, 2017, from http://www.reefedition.com/the-blue-ribbon-eel-rhinomuraena-quaesita/

I have plans to show the unique movement of a ribbon eel. Eels generally move in the same way, but the ribbon eel is slightly different, with faster movement and intricate paths.  I really like the more twisted animations because it captures that.

Again, I am using oil because I want to get the smoothness of the eel, especially with the bright colors. I plan to up the contrast. The background will probably be hard to complete with oil. 

I plan on upping the contrast on the original picture to make the colors stand out better against each other. I would like to incorporate bright coral into the scene in the background. This will bring a more even composition.





I changed the color of the eel, as well as the background overall. I need to finish the background with acrylic paints once I have the opportunity. The seaweed was also a spur of the moment idea to at to the feel of movement.

I am disappointed with this piece in general. It was the last piece I did, and I was over it. I am capable of doing way better, and the background elements were rushed and I would have liked to do more detail.  I would change the background if I could.

I think I nailed the project, but I could have done so much better. You learn from your mistakes. I hope to add more later.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Capturing Iridescence

Human Emulating Animal Attributes